This scholarship will be awarded yearly to one student who meets the following criteria:
- Northwood High School Senior
- Seeking an education degree
- One Year Award
- Tuition and Fees
This scholarship of $2000 is given in loving memory of Alex Shively. Criteria for this award are listed in order of priority (meeting one but not all three of the criteria):
- A student pursuing a degree in special education
- A student pursuing studies in early childhood development
- A student pursuing a social services degree
This scholarship is awarded to three students:
- One student who participated in the ARTS
- One student who participated in ACADEMIC TEAMS
- One student who participated in ATHLETICS
This scholarship is for a student pursuing a two or four year degree in the visual arts (painting, sculpture, graphic design, fashion design, photography, etc.).
This $5,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a NorthWood High School graduate who will pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting and who best meets the following criteria:
- The recipient must have received a letter of acceptance from a four-year Indiana state university.
- The recipient must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- The recipient participated in extra-curricular or leadership activities such as B.P.A., Student Council, FFA, Academic Super Bowl, Performing Arts or Athletics.
- The recipient is active in his/her community groups, church or other organizations.
- The recipient receives a favorable recommendation from his/her teachers one of whom must be in the NorthWood High School Business Department.
- Applicants may reapply for continuance of this scholarship.
- Recipients applying for the continuance of this scholarship must submit a copy of grade transcripts, reflecting a “B” average, and present a letter of good standing status from the institution or they are attending.
$5,000.00 scholarship to be awarded over a 4 year period
- Year 1 = $1,000.00
- Year 2 = $1,000.00
- Year 3 = $1,000.00
- Year 4 = $2,000.00
College bound student must be entering the field of Medicine, Biology, Medical Research, or Medical Sales Field.
This scholarship shall be awarded to one male and one female athlete who have participated in at least two sports during their senior year. The students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The athlete must end the sport season in good standing to be eligible for this scholarship.
The Nappanee and Wakarusa Chamber of Commerce combine to offer this scholarship in memory of Chuck Grimm. Each Chamber contributes $600 toward the $1200 scholarship.
- Reside in WaNee corporation limits
- 2.0 or higher GPA
- Show involvement in community activities and demonstrate community service
- If previous parameters are met, preference would be given to candidate who participated in NW athletics
This scholarship recipient will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3.0 grade point average
- Accepted to a college or university with major declared
- Extra-curricular activities: Athletics, Band, Choir, Student Council, etc.
- Strong character
- Community Service: Consideration will be given to Scout and or Key Club members if other qualifications are met.
The recipients of these scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Resides in the Nappanee area
- Active in their community groups, church and organizations
- Plans to study business, agriculture or engineering at a 4-year college, junior college or technical school